Would you like to:
- Connect with and gain visibility within a network of open science enthusiasts in TU Delft, the Netherlands, and beyond?
- Use your creative and organisation skills to shape open science dialogues?
- Learn more about open science and its relationship with Artificial Intelligence, Climate & sustainability, recognition & reward, and more?
This is a unique opportunity for you!
Update 19/11/21: Due to scheduling clashes and a tight timeline, this event has now been postponed to May/June 2022. This allows more time for our community members and organising teams to design a more comprehensive, inspiring event!
The Open Science Community Delft, together with the TU Delft Open Science Programme, are planning a 2-day open science event in the first week of November, 2021, with and for TUD researchers and teachers.
Aims of the event:
- Recognise TUD scholars for their contribution towards and participation in open science
- Stimulate discussions and generate interest around open science in different domains of research, e.g. Artificial Intelligence, climate and sustainability, design, and health
- Connect TUD research and teaching communities with policymakers and support staff to create a shared vision towards open science at TU Delft
To build this event with the community, we will open a call for session proposals at the beginning of July to allow our community to submit their session ideas.
We need you in the organising committee!
We are forming an organising team for the event, and we’d like to invite you to participate! You can join as a member of the programme, communications or logistics team.
Some tasks and time commitment for team members are laid out below:
- Programme team
- Design scope of sessions
- Design submission form
- Design evaluation criteria for session submissions and evaluate submissions
- Decide on programme (what happens when)
- Support session hosts
- Communications team
- Build communication plan
- Design messages (for different audiences)
- Produce promotional materials (webpage, template emails, social graphics)
- Spread the word
- Session hosts and registrants communication
- Logistics team
- Arrange virtual spaces (Zoom, live stream, discussion/chat channels); if In person, then physical spaces + catering
- Design and implement registration form
- Support session hosts with their logistical requirements (e.g. do they need whiteboarding tools? Audio/visual tests?)
- Schedule rehearsal sessions
We expect that team members will spend 60-90 mins/week from May to October on event organisation (more in the month prior to the event).
Would you like to join? Please let community coordinator Emmy know.